The House where Facebook started in Silicon Valley
Having recently watched 'The Social Network' I was intrigued by the residential house that Mark Zuckerberg and his early employees rented in Palo Alto - where in the movie they ran a zip line across the pool.
The actual 'Facebook House' is located at 819 La Jennifer Way and according to the book 'The Facebook Effect', the zip line was run from the chimney on the house to a Telephone Pole on the other side of the pool. From an aerial photo you can clearly see the house, the pool and looking closer, the telephone pole. It all adds up.
819 La Jennifer Way
Some other tidbits of info...
- The house is 2,026 square feet
- Lot size is 6,765 square feet
- It has 4 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
- It's worth around $1.4 million
- It was really used for both living in and working in
- The guys threw regular parties there advertised to Stanford students via Facebook
- One exec described the scene... "It's Lord of the Flies up there"
If you've enjoyed this post you can receive future musings, as I write them, via email. I post about once a
week year on average. More techy folk might prefer to subscribe to my RSS feed and I'd be delighted if you do. I'm rather more active on Twitter, have a few pictures up on Flickr, and I tend to keep track of people on LinkedIn and reluctantly so on Facebook. My day job is running WorldTV.com - a site for doing cool things with online video.