We have a pretty global audience here at WorldTV – our website is in 6 languages and we have promoted fairly evenly across countries and languages.
Compared to many sites therefore, our userbase is spread relatively evenly around the World, with excellent numbers in Europe, South America, Africa and Asia for example. This makes the following stat particularly interesting…
We took our list of WorldTV channel creators, 7356 of them, and ran them through Twitter’s system to see how many were Twitter users.
The result…. 364.
This is almost exactly 5% (4.95% to be precise) and while we’re no experts in statistical relevance, we figure this is probably a pretty accurate gauge of just how many people are using Twitter among global active Internet users.
If you would like to follow us on Twitter, you can find us here!Read More
Now I know this particular “quaking of the earth” may pale into insignificance compared to our transatlantic friends or indeed the rest of the world, but for the Brits in our team, its off the Richter scale!
Scary stuff I’m sure you’ll agree..Read More
Starting today, you can now read all our regular site pages like this one (News, FAQ, Manual, etc) in 10 languages. The WorldTV application itself was translated back in December, but now news alerts like this one are instantly available in French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Chinese!
The translation uses the Systran engine, which is an automated system, and although by no means perfect, it does provide reasonably good understanding. Better than this at least…Read More
We’ve been beavering away tirelessly here at WorldTV HQ this past week:
- In Channel Settings / Player tab we’ve added a marvelous new “video aspect ratio” option. You can now select “Fill Screen” allowing you to watch your channel with expanded view in the Player. Why not try it now and watch your videos in their full screen glory!
- A few design features to help site navigation, you’ll notice new home tabs on the “Create” and “World” Pages and a click on logos now take you to the home page!
- Had problems with logo sizing? Then worry no more as we’ve automated the size when you upload a logo to your channel. Give it a go in Channel Settings and create your very own channel logo!
- Some site e-fumigation is gradually killing off a few nasty little bugs, the latest being titles mismatching with videos, we apologize for any user experience inconvenience caused to date.
- The World Page has had a little nip and tuck for your visual pleasure, we hope you like it.
Please feel free to contact us with your valued feedback suggestions, we are open ears at WorldTV.Read More