Hard to believe this update has taken three weeks to get out the door, but it’s amazing how the little things all add up, and boy there’s a lot of little things (and two big things) in this particular site update.
We’ve improved the appearance of the WorldTV player and this affects all channels in the WorldTV system. It’s slicker, it’s more compact, it has a new blue progress bar which we think looks smarter – custom colours and other user configurable options are coming.
Another visible addition is the introduction of a new WorldTV Alerts box (powered by Twitter) within the Editor. Packed with tips, news, messages and interesting links – it means we can communicate much better many of the cool things going on here at WorldTV and other stuff we come across, without having to bombard people with e-mail.
We’ve tried to make it subtle, unobtrusive and we’ll keep the messages genuinely interesting and useful. It can be permanently turned off in Settings if you wish, but we think you’ll want to keep it. (In English only for now).
There are more than 40 other bug fixes, cosmetic fixes, and other improvements in this update.
- Improved design for main WorldTV player – more compact, better colours and playhead
- Rotating WorldTV logo on homepage, create pages and Editor
- Removed strange green line on Editor, panels now bigger, can fit more on screen
- Snazzy gradients added to tabs and sub panels – woe be Web 2.0
- [X] close icon improved to be more obvious
- Improved and stylish font for clip title text on player
- List of supported sites link more prominent, added TuTV as supported site
- MySpace and Metacafe logos added to search panel
- Preview Player within Editor updated to match Main Player
- Supported site logos in Create Wizard updated â€šÃ„Ã¬ new ones, cosmetic adjustments
- Qik logo cosmetic irregularity in Playlist fixed
- Editor playlist box made taller – see more of the Playlist
- Save/View My Channel button made bigger
- Search results panel next/previous buttons made bigger
- Site wide supported sites logo design tweaks
- Navigation tab text improved, white hover, etc
- Dynamic resizing of Main Player transport controls panel allowing it to be less wide
- New supported site Tu.TV (v.popular Spanish video site)
- New WorldTV Alert’s box in Editor for system messages, news and tips
- Added World page link to navigation bar in Editor
- Webcam record video playhead & functionality improvements, cosmetic improvement too
- End of clip position of player tracker now goes to beginning on all players and webcam feature
- Mins and secs now displayed on player when scrubbing playhead (forward/rewind etc)
- Editor now alerts you if a video doesn’t add properly
- View Channel/Save Error button issue. Problems were occurring when a user changed the language
- Unknown Source clips in Library and Playlist (still unknown sources but better than before)
- Unable to Add clip to Library in certain random situations
- Missing Thumbnails in Library and Playlist on search panels (improved)
- Send Clip/Channel to friend issue â€šÃ„Ã¬ charset issues and line feed (improved)
- Flag drop down in Player and Editor issue – had to click twice
- Page load up window error â€šÃ„Ã¬ pre-loader would sometimes appear in the top left corner of the page in some browser/os configurations
- Change library clips preview panel button ‘Add to Library’ to ‘Add to Playlist’
- QIK auto-add to playlist Improvements
- Add clip from Search – logic improved
- Numerous improvements to our Administration control panel and backend
We now switch our focus to looking at some of the features suggested on our Feedback page, some important ‘under the hood’ improvements which will improve stability, and some other planned updates.
WorldTV now boasts over 23,000 user channels from the seriously sublime to the ridiculously funny!
We continuously scour our network of channels looking for quality content in all genres and languages. A very popular theme among channel creators seems to be the questioning of modern thought, accepted truths and the uncovering of conspiracy theories
Previously we featured channel Join the Revolution which went right to the top of the World Page charts, this weeks hot tip is Project Matrix! Hailing from sunny Spain and currently riding high at number 4 in the World chart, Project Matrix have created several superb channels probing various globally important topics from the past, present and future. They have also cleverly embedded their channels on their fantastic Project Matrix blog. To quote:
Project Matrix show series and episodes of non-commercial broadcasting, interlinked by various themed reports, covering any news or information that may be “hidden, ignored or suppressed” and is considered of interest to all humanity.”
Project Matrix also took considerable time and effort to give WorldTV some excellent detailed feedback which enables us to develop and improve our service further. This is incredibly beneficial for the success of WorldTV and we encourage all user feedback be it positive or negative..
So thanks Project Matrix from all the team at WorldTV
To view Project Matrix WorldTV channels click: