Our new feature – Custom Feed Tabs – are a flexible way to get videos flowing into your WorldTV Editor from other places – which you can then organize, copy to your library, and publish or distribute in different ways.
With this feature, you can add tabs to your Editor for things like YouTube searches, YouTube playlists, YouTube API queries, other WorldTV channels, and Media RSS feeds!Read More
Over the past month, and particularly since our popular Web Mode release a week ago, we have seen substantially higher strain on our servers. This has resulted in a poorer than normal service for our users.
We have already made a series of improvements, and in this post we delve deeper into the behind-the-scenes world of WorldTV’s technical architecture, and how we intend to improve things even further.Read More
The improvements we are introducing today take us a huge step forward in terms of the video publishing capabilities we now offer.
Video publishing has never been this easy, and the combination of our award winning, video library and content management system, along with a powerful, easy-to-use video site publishing system, is a joy to use.
And the best part… every single new feature is 100% free!Read More
WorldTV’s centralised library system for web videos along with its (lesser known) bookmarklet feature is simply perfect for this task. It’s quick, easyâ€¦ and best of all it’s free!
Here’s how to do it…
- Create a channel (account) on WorldTV, and choose a name like ‘Nickys Video Collection’
- (Optional) Add videos automatically during the sign up process from a YouTube account, Vimeo account or by simply using keywords
- Once the channel is set up, and you are in the WorldTV Editor (the main screen), go to the Promote->Bookmarklets tab.
- Choose the ‘Add to Library’ option and follow the simple instructions to add a bookmark to Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer
- (Recommended) Use your browser’s bookmark features to move the bookmark to your browser toolbar so it’s readily accessible with a single click
- Now as you surf YouTube or Vimeo and other video sites you can click on the bookmark you created to instantly add the video to your personal video library
- Use WorldTV’s many other tools to embed, share or build a playlist of the web videos you collect and archive!
Good luck!Read More
Our update to v1.0 began on May 1st and is now complete! Due to the huge size of the update we have been updating different parts of the site every few days.
Today we finished the update with the biggest new feature of all – our brand new WorldTV PRO Store, which is now live within the Editor. With the new store you can add over 30 new features to your channel.
The Editor also has a new look and feel – our exciting and very slick v1.0 theme. If you’d prefer to keep the old look and feel you can do so under Channel Settings -> Editor.
We hope you enjoy the all new WorldTV. It’s taken us over 4 years to get to this point and we’re looking forward to all your comments and feedback. The latest info and discussion about the updates is happening over on Facebook. Come by and join in!
UPDATE: Techcrunch just published this article about the release.Read More